The clients wanted to replace their outdated bathroom with a modern shower room. They bought the bungalow and quickly realised that the carpeted bathroom, the carpet went up and around the purpose built box for the bath, was not functional.
The clients wanted to replace their outdated bathroom with a modern shower room. They bought the bungalow and quickly realised that the carpeted bathroom, the carpet went up and around the purpose-built box for the bath, was not functional.
I carried out a survey at their home and discussed the project in more detail with them, we discussed the benefits of a wet room, the gentleman is 6ft 11in and he liked the idea of not having the tray to allow for more height for himself under the shower. With this in mind we also decided to use a ceiling mounted fixed shower head and slide rail for his partner.
I created a couple of designs and concepts and visited again to go through these with tile samples, they requested a dark marble effect tile as the room is large and they liked the idea of dark tiles seeming more luxurious.
To enable the wall hung WC we created a boxed area and extended it all along the same wall. This allowed us to install a recessed illuminated mirrored cabinet and create an alcove in the shower area.
One of the things that the clients did like about the original bathroom was the wall to wall storage, we managed to recreated this with the recessed mirrored cabinet above the WC, an illuminated mirrored cabinet above the vanity and the vanity unit itself.
The whole installation, from start to finish, took 9-10 days and the client was over the moon with the transformation, in particular the bespoke glass shower screen from floor to ceiling to stop the spray from going over the top when he showers.
- Dark marble effect tiles
- Usability for 6ft 11in client
- Impey – Linear wet room tray and tanking kit
- Crosswater – Wisp brassware (shower valve, shower, basin tap and waste)
- Crosswater - Wall hung WC
- Crosswater – Wall hung frame and cistern, flush plate
- Crosswater – Glide white vanity unit and ceramic basin
- Crosswater – Illuminated mirrored cabinet
- HiB – Vanquish recessed illuminated mirrored cabinet
- Crosswater - Accessories
- Techtile – Paive large format wall tiles (60x120)
- Techtile – Allure large format floor tiles (60x120)
Cost of Project: £10,230.45View this retailer's profile