Ridgeway interiors is a privately owned company that provides their customers with quality kitchens, and a one stop fitting service or supply only. We are based in South Oxfordshire/ Bucks borders and have been operating for 10 years or so. There are seven of us with two full time sales staff and a team of two full time fitters plus subcontractor fitters.
Sales leads are generated by a reasonable marketing spend, recommendations and the website with the current volume of leads demanding an additional designer to maximise sales. The marketing spend includes magazines, press and leaflet distribution. We do not cold call.
Hours of work are 9:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday and at least two Saturdays per month. Some flexibility is required when we are busy. There is a need for some after-hours meetings with customers and fitters.
We are not a high pressure sales team…excellent designs and excellent customer care are what we are about.
The purpose of the role of Salesperson is to design and sell Ridgeways products (Häcker, Nobilia and Masterclass kitchens at present) and services to the retail market. To do this successfully you must represent Ridgeway Interiors to the general public in a professional manner at all times whether face-to-face or on the telephone.
There may be times when you are asked to assist in contract sales as and when the business mix requires it.
To perform the role successfully you will need to:
- Understand how to use the Compusoft kitchen design system, training will be given as and when agreed and if required;
- Be able to work with customers to understand their requirements for a kitchen and advise them on how the company’s products can be used in their environment;
- Enter the customer’s final design into Compusoft and gain the customer’s sign-off;
- Agree a payment plan with the customer as per Ridgeway Kitchens terms and ensure that the expected profit margin is achieved and payments are made to the agreed schedule;
- Order the agreed specification for the customer’s kitchen from Company’s supplier;
- Ensure that the fitting team is aware of the customer order and agree the dates for the fitting with both the fitting team and the customer;
- Contact the customer after the kitchen fitting to establish their satisfaction with the kitchen and its fitting.
- Ask the customer if they can be used as a reference site.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing German kitchens and working directly with clients;
- Ideally have experience of using Compusoft C.A.D. software but similar C.A.D experience is OK.
- Have experience of working with quality German kitchens ideally with Hacker or Nobilia. Training available also.
- Understand the fitting process well enough to be able to survey and measure the area initially to create a practical layout and then be able to work with thefitting team to quote for extra work required for installation.
- Have the diplomacy to work with clients to manage the sales and installation process, identifying any issues raised and resolving to the satisfactionof both parties;
- Be able to manage your own time as there will be multiple sales going on at any one time at different stages in the sales and implementation process.
- Have a smart and professional appearance.
- Enjoy customer service.
The successful candidate will need to provide their own transport and will be fully reimbursed for any expenses incurred whilst working. The majority of the company’s clients are within a 15 mile radius of the office though there will be occasions when the client is further away.
On target earning will be between £35,000 and £60,000 with a good basic salary depending on the candidate’s experience. To start with there can be guaranteed commission with the amount again dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Some flexibility around working hours is available for the right candidate after a probationary period. Sometimes surveys, etc, are required out of hours. Some give and take is required.
- Flexible working hours after probationary period.
- Free on-site parking
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
Application deadline: 10/07/2020
- GERMAN kitchen design: 3 years (Required)
- Driving license (Required)
How to Apply
To apply for this position please contact Tony at email@example.com quoting Reference ID SSP 260620, by the closing date 10 July 2020.