They wanted a wow kitchen but the colour scheme had to be the same as their last kitchen, Ivory and sandstone Corian, they must have a raised glass bar on steel columns and if we could introduce curves they would be happy as their previous kitchen designer told them not possible with the shape of the room!
Their wish list was:
- Raised breakfast glass bar not important to be comfortable as really just for the wow factor and neither of them will use it. Ian and Irene live alone and are in their late sixties.
- Irene wanted a small place to eat sitting on a chair as she hates sitting alone at a big table
- Ian had to have a coffee station that felt like an upmarket Costa, he made millions from his coffee machine business and the machine had to sit as a central feature as he uses it daily. It had to include a few wine fridges two for cans and bottles and two for wine and champagne.
- Large stainless steel fridge
- Large stainless steel freezer with internal ice maker
- Two Ovens (his and hers)
- Steam Oven
- Warming drawers
- Dishwasher – split level if possible
- Cupboard to hide the toaster
- Induction hob recessed in a lowered worktop and a pop up extractor
- Zip tap
- Waste disposal
- Soap dispenser
- Shallow tin store
- Glass feature unit for Irene’s Ladro and nice wine glasses
- Area for TV
- No sot seating as they have his and her lounges (they watch different TV programmes)
- Budget was anything at all – 100K – 150K acceptable
Cost of Project: £109,000.00 excluding Gaggenau appliances supplied by othersView this retailer's profile